"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Exciting News!

A short story I had written about welcoming Will into our lives caught the attention of a magazine editor in California. She asked if she could use it in an upcoming issue. I, of course, agreed to the proposition. I was surprised to find an email yesterday with a pdf of the whole page layout. It looks great! It still has to go though a final inspection, but the article will be featured in the Sept./Oct. edition of Kidaroundtown.

Also, the same short story is to be featured in a book to be released in October. The book, "Gifts: How Children with Down Syndrome Have Enriched Our Lives" is a compilation of stories from parents of children with DS. It will be available at Amazon and Target.com as well as distributed through various DS organizations. My local bookstore is eager to have it in stock (I really love my local bookstore!)

4 comments:

Shelley said...

That's great - I look forward to reading it.

Anonymous said...

hello

I came acros your blog via "Always Chaos...". I just had a son in
May that was Diagnosed with DS. I just wanted to let you know that your site brings a big smile to my face. Your son is truly beautiful. My Vincent is also a blond little angel. I hope you do not mind that I linked your blog on my site.

Christina

Kelly said...

Christina,
Welcome and congrats! I went over and had a peek at your little beauty! It brought back memories of when Will was a little pumpkin. I am going to link to your page as well.

The Mom said...

Congrats - that's wonderful!