"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Friday, February 01, 2008

From the What Were You Thinking?! files.

Olivia is a lovely girl. She bakes, she babysits, she does a lot of selfless things. I'm proud of her. Last afternoon she offered to take Will out to play in the snow. Well yes, I said, Will would love that and the job of getting Will into all his gear began. You all know what it's like getting a three year old in all the snow stuff. Olivia did it all cheerfully. When they were ready to go, I handed her the camera and told her to get some pictures.


When they got in Will's coat, boots, pants, mitts were covered in mud. How Olivia could find that much mud when 3 inches of snow covered everything was beyond me. Then I remembered the camera. Ah, incriminating pictures! Yes, there were and here they are:




Yes, that is a very large pile of dirt. Very different from the "playing in the snow" activity I was promised. Will seemed to be enjoying it, not caring too much if his play spot was white or brown. The trip outside to play has certainly added to my laundry pile though.


Here is what I consider playing in the snow:



Here is Toby. He loves the snow, especially rooting around in it with his nose.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I think they are excellent pics. Maybe a bit too high for Will though, would make a good slid if there was lots of snow on it, lol

Nana