"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Monday, December 01, 2008

Everyone's a winner here!

Here is the complex, yet efficient and fair, winners circle!
I had decided that since we had only 7 entrants and 5 prizes, no one should be left out of any reading fun.

Here is how the winners ended up with their unique prizes:
First I assigned a number to each entry in order of entry, so Katelyn, who was the first entrant, was 1 and Noah, who was the last entry was 7. The entries are in reverse order on the Who's been caught? post.

Then I put the prizes in alphabetical order from one-five, starting with "gift card" and ending with "Wild About Books". I then used a randomizer to assign entry numbers to the prize list.

Here are the preliminary results (preliminary because I made a small change which you will soon understand).

Gift card- entry #2 Bridget
Imagine a Night- entry #5 Delphine
Night Cars- entry #4 Philip
Scaredy Squirrel- entry#1 Katelyn
Wild About Books- entry #3 Raphael

That's pretty straightforward except for the fact that I bet Philip, the distinguished gentleman, would prefer something other than Night Cars! So, I decided to get one more copy of Night Cars and let Sean and Noah (#'s 6&7) each have a copy of Night Cars and I would also get a $10. gift card to send along to Philip.

Does that float every one's book reading boat? Does it all seem to be cosmically fair and well reasoned? If so, then please start emailing me mailing addresses so I can send all these books and cards to their new homes!

Thanks to all who participated this year!

4 comments:

SunflowerStories said...

It sounds wonderful to me! Sean loves cars, so I am sure he'd like to read this book. Thanks!

Beverly said...

I am excited for Noah to get his book! What a kind heart you have to let everyone win. Very sweet! Noah will love his new book! Thank you! Blessings, Beverly

Anonymous said...

Yey!! We won!! :) Thanks very much!! Would be waiting for the book! Im sure Raphael will love it.

Kisses to Will.

Cheche
Philippines

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Oh boy! Delphine will be very excited. Thank you so much. I'll send you an email. :)