"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Wednesday, April 15, 2009

new computer

Yes, the old girl has been released of her official duties as the main family computer. She wasn't that hearty and was becoming overcome with bandwidth demands. Not to fear, she has been cleaned up (and freed of any unmentionable viruses unbecoming a nice computer). Now the kids have their own computer to play games on and write homework papers with.

Now we have a bigger and faster computer for mom. As with any new computer, we are having to spend some time introducing this computer to the familiar old components like our cameras, printers, iPods etc. Something happened to the CD that came with the camera I took all the Easter pictures with and now they are stuck there, unable to get loaded onto the new computer. I hope that this CD is something I can locate and buy so I can get some updated pictures on here.

I don't have any newsflashes to report, Will is swimming and still participating in the reading study. Both the other kids and I have noticed an increase in the complexity of Will's speaking skills. Conversations tend to have one or two more back and forths to them, Will is a little more forthcoming with requests and a little more descriptive overall. It catches me by surprise sometimes, both with the extent of the vocabulary, but also the thought process or memory that the new vocabulary represents.

I bring Will to a walk-in type hair cutters and so far the variety of hair dressers have done great jobs, both with the little extra creativity required to keep Will focused, and the finished job. Our last visit wasn't so great as the hair dresser seemed to over-compensate for what "special treatment" she thought Will required. If she had just set to work and not fussed so much it would have gone much more smoothly and Will's hair would have looked a lot better. As it is, it's choppy and uneven.

Will did great at church over Easter and charmed all attendees around us. I can tell this during the point in the mass when we greet our pew neighbours with wishes for peace. Everyone wants the opportunity to shake Will's hand, and Will revels in the chance to shake as many hands as possible in those few minutes. We went out for brunch after church and the big bunny that was handing out treats to the kids came by Will three times. Will has never been afraid of the large mascot-type characters that we bump into now again, and relishes the chance to shake their hands, or paws, as well.

Mark has been busier than ever and is travelling a lot, so we are a little happy that hockey season is over, so our weekends can be a real family time.

Hopefully I will get the cameras online with the computer and have some nice pictures up here soon.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Glad you all had a wonderful Easter and everyone is doing well! So nice to hear how well Will is doing!