"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Monday, June 18, 2012

Spring is in full swing...for 2 more days

But we have all been busy!

Will had his birthday party, where he changed from host with the most to....Spiderman!:








The funny part about this must be the fact that Will actually requested Spiderman stuff. He was not disappointed either and he received the costume and a web launcher (that all boys right up to twenty somethings had fun trying out). He wore the costume until he got too hot. He rolled around the backyard with the boys and ran around fighting crime in the kitchen, living room, rec room. After getting into his pjs he tried the outfit on one more time and looked in the bathroom mirror. He got quiet, then he got freaked out. Off came the costume and away went the web launcher. I later found the costume components balled up together and crammed under my bed. This is part of an ongoing love/hate relationship Will has with spiders. He loves to look at them and see them in books. He is intrigued by them, but I think they come back to haunt him in his dreams and he is once again afraid of them. He once dreamed Theo was a spider.

When he was little we had a cloth "Old lady who swallowed a fly" doll who ate a stuffed fly, bird, cat, dog, horse etc. That
"Ol' lady" absolutely freaked Will out. If he spotted her in a room he would refuse to go in. After moving a couple of times "Ol' Lady" would invariably show up unexpectedly and Will would be horrified to be confronted by her once again. Just the other night I tried reading "Gifts" by Barbara Reid, the plasticine artist. It features a grandmother travelling around the world bringing back treasures for her granddaughter. Well, I guess that grandmother resembled "Ol' Lady" a little too much because I had to cease and desist with the book and I later found it jammed behind his nightstand, least I get any ideas about future readings.

On an always happy note...golf has started! Will loves getting out on Monday nights with the SO golfers in our area. He also hits the range with dad on weekends too!





Will has laser beam focus on his game...until he spots, hey, is that a caterpillar?

No comments: