"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Thursday, February 16, 2006

Off to Plaster Rock, New Brunswick

Yes, the old man of the house has taken off to recapture some of his youth. He and three other gentlemen are lacing up the skates and seeing how they fare against 119 other teams that travel from around the world to celebrate their game in it's most rudimentary of forms.

I have yet to hear from the guys, I'm sure right now they measuring up the opposition and deciding if they are going to need to book the room for an extra night, or if they can go for a few beers directly following the first game, which is tonight, under the lights.

I, for one, think that a frozen lake in the middle of nowhere surrounded by whispering pines and lit up with the brilliance of generator powered lights is, well, romantic. I'm sure that the guys think it's romantic too, in a nostalgic nod to hockey's past glory kind of way.

I wish them luck. And I hope their trip to the place where hockey's past meets hockey's today is full of great times they will always remember.

http://www.plasterrock.com/hockey1.html

http://travel.canoe.ca/Travel/News/2006/02/04/1426128-cp.html

No comments: