"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Sunday, February 05, 2006

A yoga ball and a new pair of shoes.



Shoe shopping is so much fun. Especially when your shopping for and with your agreeable 20 month old. Yes, the time had come to get Will equipped with the latest in first walking shoes. And oh, did I have visions of colourful and groovy "function meets fashion" footwear. I dreamed of how I would settle on a colour combination that would best accent his wardrobe.

Will was up for the shopping adventure too! (Although Will is usually up for anything.) I perused the shelves of kiddie shoes and found the only selection of anything that looked like practical first walkers to be of the most unimaginative quality. Where was the shelf of fun, kid approved shoes? I asked the sales clerk. She brought me back to the shelf I had just come from. Apparently first walkers have not advanced in the style department since, hmmm, the 1940's. Lined up nicely on the shelf was the same model of shoes in four available colours. They were miniature army boots! Yes, I could pick from brown, navy, white and black. And navy was sold out. I went home with two pairs, the brown and the white.

I hooked Will up to his yoga ball when we got home, so he could quickly progress into the stylish confident walker shoes. Will and the yoga ball are not the greatest of friends though, so I am picturing Will at the beach this summer. He's wearing some groovy bathing suit, cool sunhat and white army boots.

We have discovered another fun use of the purple yoga ball. Last night we all went to the basement and took shots at one another in an energetic game of dodgeball. There is indeed something very satisfying about splatting that ball into a person's midsection. Higher points when that person is in mid-air, attempting to manouver out of the ball's path.

Yes, and here are the obligatory pictures of Will. Notice the brown shoes. Notice the purple yoga ball.
That's what we're all about right now.

No comments: