"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Tuesday, May 09, 2006

PT notes.

I am going to call Will's newest fun activity physical therapy. I think some people may want to pigeon-hole the behavior under fetishes. I don't think this is a DS behavior as my daughter did the same thing, though not to the same extent.

Will loves shoes. Anyones shoes, even the still damp from a warm day at school running shoes. He loves to slide his hands down into them and crawl around with the stylish handwear. I notice that he always has the appropriate shoe on each hand. He can empty a whole closet of it's shoe contents in the time it takes to make a standard trip to the washroom. In our laundry room we have shoe shelves. Each member of the family has his or her own shelf. They are usually semi-organized. Will thinks he has hit the jackpot if he can get behind the door to those shelves. Off come all the shoes. If there happens to be a laundry basket sitting nearby, all the shoes are piled neatly pointing in the same direction in the basket. He likes to re-shelve them too.

I think there must be a mathmatical aspect to these sorting type activities. I would never let the other kids make such messes. Will gets away with it though. Hmmm, I hope the other kids don't notice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny, Miss E loves shoes as well. She doesn't wear them on her hands, but she does unload the shoe closet wearing a variety of different pairs daily.

She loves shoes! To the point of she would rather sort and play in the shoe closet than play with toys any day.

My other children didn't play with shoes quite as much, but I do recall them liking to play in the shoe closet as well.

Belovedlife said...

My special one loves to do something very similar. She removes things from boxes and re-shelves them ontop of the toilet. Sometimes in it...fun! HEr favorite thing to reorganize are her brothers cars. He lines them up and she "sorts them out".
Love your blog, as I have more free time I will drop in more frequently.