This past week has been numbing. Not only was I forced to assess the status of every single item we own to decide a) if it stays and b) where the heck it is supposed to go and c) accurately remember where I have stuffed every last melon baller and sewing machine attachment, but I was also required to do the hockey haul to the rink everyday this week. I find the fact that I know where the rink and the hockey equipment store are before any reasonable shopping sites to be downright sad.
I deserve some flake out time and I am having to squeeze it in during the scrap of a nap Will is going to get and before I am going to have to throw something together for dinner. I indulged in a few visits to new blogs. I found one that made me laugh even with my numb and time constrained brain. Things I've bought that I love is a single girl with an astute sense of style and a way with words. Maybe, at this exact point in my life, the frivolity of a single girl getting all jazzed up about a sweater the way I get worked up about a good floor cleaner is novel to me. Anyway, her observational powers are keen and she had a way of making me forget, if even for a moment, that my life is jam packed with stuff that take me so far away from even caring if I slept in the t-shirt I am wearing right now. Her use of modern verbage is also a treat. A part of me envies this gal's ability to carve a chunk out of her day to talk about how rad the colours of a throw (she refers to it as a "TV blanket", how cute) are and how necessary that TV blanket is. My TV blanket has become a vomit mop on more than one occasion, that is maybe why "throw" seems more apropos to me.
And that, is flaked out time. I will however pop in a picture of Will taken during the summer:
He is serious about his cars, as you can tell from the look of concentration on his face. I have lots of other pictures that I will post later.
No comments:
Post a Comment