"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The ultimate snack time

If you have been around here since Will was just first expressing his love affair with Rice Krispie Treats, you'll remember that he referred to them as arse-arse. His love affair has been one of long distance as I do not usually pick up those marshmallowy treats, and when I do, the older kids attack the box so instantly that Will never gets to enjoy even a few bites. This played out rather comically in his class, as I was told by his ST.

The class was getting settled at their seats with their snacks and drinks that were sent from home. When one teacher enquired why a little boy didn't have his snack he looked sad and pointed to Will. The teacher said that Will was just bringing the sticky golden treat to his mouth when she seemed to feel like everything was going in slow motion....the hand clutching the stolen booty, slowly getting closer to the open and drooling mouth, the nnnoooooo as the teacher moved to stop what would surely be a classroom tragedy. She made it just in time to kindly point out to will that his mom had packed the same boring animal crackers he was all too familiar with. I guess Will needs to learn the finer points of the lunchbox trade, like it has to be consentual. Yes, Will thought his wildest dreams had come true and that this day's snack time was going to be deliciously different.

I felt bad for Will, and while I picked up some prescription strenght flouride toothpaste for the two boys now in braces, I nabbed a box of the Rice Krispy Treats. The brace-faces aren't supposed to be eating that stuff now, so Will had a chance to enjoy one.


4 comments:

Jeffrey Goble said...

I am not accustomed to grinning, but that video clip did it. Tell Will he made an old fart giggle. Nah, you don't have to.

Chris said...

Hey, forgot the Famos Amos cookies near the potty. Maybe you should bribe him with a Rice Krispie treat.

He is so sweet.....just about as sweet as that crunchy, marshmallowy treat he is enjoying SOOO much.

Patty Arnold said...

That was really great!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Love the video! You know, no one should have to share something so yummy! Of course, hijacking your neighbour's rice krispie square isn't great snacktime etiquette, but completely understandable. LOL!