It was only mere weeks ago we got the van back from it's 2 week stay at the dealership to repair the extensive $5500. electical damage from a pack of evil field mice that were apparently attracted to the smorgasborg of cookie crumbs, french fry bits, and the tailings of whatever else the kids bring back there, in the rear of the van. I don't go back there, it's too scary. That is what the rear-view mirror is for right? I wasn't crazy the morning I thought I saw a mouse dash across the passenger side floor. Suddenly car features just stopped working, first the speakers, then the door openers. When the guys at the dealership pulled back the interior walls of the car there was a rodent party going on.
I think I have written before about Jack holding up an apple core in it's final stage of decomposition, it's stem the only discernable thing attached to the compost. Since the dealership I have made it a firm rule about food in the car. Well, except for the odd treat at Starbucks for mom, but I only do that when I'm alone and luxuriating in some peaceful driving.
Now the van is making the most horrid grinding/moaning sounds, accompanied by van-wide vibrations when making turns. There is a sqeaking/squealing noise the arises when we go over 40/mph. I seem to have lost some turning radius, which I discovered when trying to parallel park.
It's one thing to put up with vehicular shortcomings as you drive around town, but there is an embarrassing quality to weird car noises in parking lots where people are wondering just what piece of your car's equipment is making such rude sounds.
I have a hunch my mechanic is not going to be feeling the economic pinch as acutely as I will this year.
7 comments:
Kelly, you now have me terrified of food in the car. But not terrified enough to restrict Cheerio consumption as they have saved me many whiny Nathan hours. And goodness knows, whenever Micah decides to eat, he'll likely be allowed to eat anything anywhere for quite some time!
Sorry about your mechanic expenses. That just stinks!
You just gave me the skivees! I would be terrified if that happened and ask for a trade in on a new van!
Sorry to hear it's still causing problems, all that $ later.
I know....our minivan is so unsexy!!!
Happy New Year to you and your lovely family!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEFE3B0Rje0
For some reason I think you might get a kick out of this Video!
I was already feeling iffy about becoming a van-driver, and now I'm REALLY freaked out. This can seriously happen? It has never occurred to me that rodents can GET IN YOUR CAR. Oh my.
It is so good to hear that someone else had a mouse in their car. People think I'm making it up and laugh at the rat poison I keep in the front seat. (I don't have kids to worry about with that). I have also put into effect the no food rule. I hope everything is able to get to working well again.
Cars are such a pain in the arse!! Sorry to hear your trouble, but I agree...the mechanics certainly aren't feeling the pinch like the rest of us!
Post a Comment