"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Friday, March 20, 2009

compassion and understanding

“It was like the Special Olympics or something,”
Barak Obama, on his bowling score.


"Deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton said the president's offhand remark was not meant to disparage the Special Olympics, only to poke some fun at the commander-in-chief's bowling skills."

Well, I'm glad our kids can be of service to the President.

6 comments:

Beverly said...

so awful, this gets me so mad!

Anonymous said...

Hoof in Mouth Disease struck again.

I don't have a child with Down syndrome but seeing as how I've dealt with other medical issues with my two children and I am now over 40 and hubby and I are ttc our third... Why, oh why, is this issue the world's punching bag/punchline?

Today, I wrote a check to Special Olympics. It was the first check I've gladly written in a long while.

Give Will a hug for me, won't you? Tell him it's from one of his biggest fans...

Michelle

The Sanchez Family said...

Wrong response Press Secretary. Bad move Obama. Not a fan...

Anonymous said...

I have been itching to talk to you about this comment made by a man who is the president of the United States of America. There has been lots of stuff in our local paper about March 31st being erase the "r" word day. I have posted the video you put on your blog a while ago on my facebook account. The "r" word should be RESPECT. The questions that the president discussed were all pre-scripted. There were 100 other responses that the president could have said. He had the time to think of a "funny" before he went out on stage. In my opinion he basically said, "I bowed like a retard". He should be so ashamed and embarrassed. This man hold the highest office in the world and showed no respect for the specials of the world. If a republican had said that comment we would still be hearing about it all over the news. I have never heard the president apologize. Has he? I am steaming. President Obama...you'll go down in history all right and it will have nothing to do with the color of your skin.
L

The Bryant Family said...

Youve been tagged with an award...

Leticia said...

For a man who suffered from the same type of put-downs in his lifetime, he has learned very little.
I'm not surprised, just disappointed.