"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Memorializing your blog

This is a question I am putting out there for other bloggers. What would you do if some weird glitch erased your years and years worth of blog posts? Looking back through my blog is such a wonderful journey and I shudder at the thought of losing all those feelings and pictures and adventures that are so neatly brought together in a chronology of a little boy growing up on the internet. Some people may think seeing it all on a screen is just dandy but I am such a tactile person myself, and feel nothing can compare to holding a treasure in my own hands.

Currently I am using the Shutterfly picture book creator to go through my posts and capture those that included Will's most memorable moments and milestones along with all of my thoughts that are a wonderful snapshot in time. Of course I cannot include those posts that were a link to many wonderful stories, videos, pictures, which is such a shame as many of those things were so inspiring so me and my family.

Is anyone out there doing something similar?

5 comments:

Beverly said...

I have never really thought about it. I came across this post, I love her blog and she has an idea for this. http://justsomethingimade.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

Wow Beverly, I nominate you as the go-to-gal for "stuff" on the internet!

That is a lovely blog!

Thank you also for your endless comments, even when it's kind of crickets around here :)

Christina M said...

Actually my dad prints out all my entries and puts them in a bound book each year. So we have a printout copy at home. Makes for some serious reading on some of the blablah I post :)

Kelly said...

That is so super nice of your dad! Does he want to start a blog-printing business? ;)

Actually, I went over to the site that Beverly recommended and then to Blog2print from that site.

I just payed a whack of cash for 3 annual blog books (for the three full years we have been in business here). I can't wait for them to come! I'll be sure to report on quality etc. for anyone else out there who doesn't have a blog-printing dad :)

Tom P. said...

If you are worried about backing up your blog, try these guys... they are free.

http://www.blogbackuponline.com