After a couple of months it is finally finished and we are both pleased with the results. After contemplating a number of different types of counter tops I settled on stainless steel. I did this because a) I was on a house tour and saw a laundry room with stainless steel and liked it. b) It was cheaper than some of the alternatives I was considering. c) What could be more practical than stainless steel? I was lucky that my handyman new a sheet metal worker who bent the steel for him and charged us cost for the single sheet of stainless I required. Had I gone through a kitchen remodeller it would have been an entirely different story. I knew I wanted white cabinetry because it has a clean look and it is a dark, windowless room. This is the room lit with flourescent bulbs, which don't seem bright enough for me, especially for a workspace such as a laundry room.
A place to celebrate the journey on a road less travelled. To share the discovery of a life unique beyond our imaginations.
"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Laundry room project.
All through the winter a skilled handyman has been working away on creating my laundry room vision. He is a firefighter who likes to fill his off hours with odd jobs. Odd jobs are usually something I can come up with, so we embarked on the project without knowing exactly where it was going to end up. It was odd to jockey piles of laundry around my trusty handyman, I never knew exactly when he was going to show up, so there would be inevitable piles of clothes strewn across the room each time he arrived.
After a couple of months it is finally finished and we are both pleased with the results. After contemplating a number of different types of counter tops I settled on stainless steel. I did this because a) I was on a house tour and saw a laundry room with stainless steel and liked it. b) It was cheaper than some of the alternatives I was considering. c) What could be more practical than stainless steel? I was lucky that my handyman new a sheet metal worker who bent the steel for him and charged us cost for the single sheet of stainless I required. Had I gone through a kitchen remodeller it would have been an entirely different story. I knew I wanted white cabinetry because it has a clean look and it is a dark, windowless room. This is the room lit with flourescent bulbs, which don't seem bright enough for me, especially for a workspace such as a laundry room.



After a couple of months it is finally finished and we are both pleased with the results. After contemplating a number of different types of counter tops I settled on stainless steel. I did this because a) I was on a house tour and saw a laundry room with stainless steel and liked it. b) It was cheaper than some of the alternatives I was considering. c) What could be more practical than stainless steel? I was lucky that my handyman new a sheet metal worker who bent the steel for him and charged us cost for the single sheet of stainless I required. Had I gone through a kitchen remodeller it would have been an entirely different story. I knew I wanted white cabinetry because it has a clean look and it is a dark, windowless room. This is the room lit with flourescent bulbs, which don't seem bright enough for me, especially for a workspace such as a laundry room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love it...what is the flooring? Can't tell from the photo, slate, tile? It is so bright and happy. It almost....I said ALMOST.... makes me want to do laundy.
It's ceramic tile. Imagine putting slate tiles in your laundry room. I think if it came to that I'd also have full time help and I would never get to enjoy the slate. I was on a house tour in the fall that had a heated slate floor in the kitchen. It was so amazing to walk over it in sock feet.
Post a Comment