"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Easter fun

It was the most beautiful Easter in recent memory. Some thought it was freakishly warm, but any interview with a person with more than 15 Easters under their belt brought reminisces of warm Easters past. We were all enjoying the chance to actually wear Easter type clothing at Easter! We travelled on the Saturday and again on the Sunday to enjoy TWO wonderful feasts. Will enjoyed the egg hunt on Saturday (and again on Sunday morning at home.) The Easter Bunny has pared down his usual bounty of chocolate and goodies, which seemed just fine with everyone here.

Will knows to check out all the nooks and crannies for eggs.


Look at the booty!


Jack enjoyed rounding up a few for himself too.


As with all of our family get-togethers, some sort of physical activity becomes competitive and most partake in showcasing their prowess. This year a few egg-hunt skipping ropes were pressed into duty for an all-out skills competition. There was group skipping, singles, double-dutch. The older ladies (like me) participated with remembering old skipping songs. I took lots of pictures, but I think that some of my non-kid relatives would kill me if I posted them here. Let's just admire the height Jack can get when he skips:

4 comments:

leslie corrigan said...

I think perhaps Will was sporting the plumber (no offense to the plumbers of the world) look in the one Easter egg hunt photo. Just precious and thank you for sharing them.

Kelly said...

Ha! Poor Will has a long torso, so he has a hard time with jeans being high enough. I think they are also designing the toddler jeans low-rise style, so they can look like pants-on-the-ground teenagers.

Beverly said...

looks like a happy Easter.

leslie corrigan said...

I personally am a big fan of "high waisted" pants and cannot wait until they are back in style for my sake as well as Wills'. They will suit Will's longer torso and cover up my muffin top!!If you are drinking a glass of wine, please raise your glass and make a toast for the return of "high waisted pants".