
Ahh, Halloween. I'm a little late to provide our recap of what was mostly a hum drum halloween event. The kids looked forward to it as per usual and I did the minimal decorating as per usual. (I prefer the fall selection of flowers, plants and gourds for decorating this time of year. My aesthetic sensibilities are a little off-put by gruesome displays of death and decomposition).
Will sported a little bee costume, which is apropos for Will right now. You know,"busy as a bee".
I guess I was a little too excited about Will's costume purchase that was made in September. I usually take the leap a day or two before the class parties. Will grew substantially, and in the process created quite a challenge in getting the one-piece outfit up and onto the shoulders. We did manage and Will did not complain too much as he was distracted by the pirate, the 70's gal and the grim reaper who were buzzing from room to room in preparation.
When the candy canvassers departed I took the time to pose Will in what was to be too-adorable-for-words pictures. I soon realized that Will scrunched up in the hooded bee outfit was not going to produce anything close to adorable. I had to pull back the antennae-hood to give the guy some comfort. Soon my own doorbell was ringing and I played up the whole schtick for Will, to get him involved with all the festivities. He left the general area whimpering. I don't think he liked the idea of unrecognizable people shoving empty pillowcases in our door. The costume came off and The Wiggles went on. He enjoyed the distraction while I took care of our steady stream of guests.
After a while Will did come around the corner to watch the proceedings from afar and then slowly nudged up to the chair that held the bucket of treats. Will grabbed a handful of the chocolate and waited. The next crew who arrived at the door were greeted by candy thrown in their general direction. I felt that this was Will's way of familiarizing himself with the trick or treating custom. Inside I think it was more of a "here's your darned candy, now get the heck out and leave us alone!".
Poor Will, he's kind of like me at this time of year. Not a big fan of halloween and just wanting to get it over with.

2 comments:
That's the best bee I ever did see, Love Nana
What a cute little bumble bee Will is. Too sad that first expression is.
Post a Comment