"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Saturday, December 16, 2006

Another step to Christmas


I like when the trip to Christmas is a collection of small steps that culmunate in the celebration of Jesus' arrival. Just like a mother-to-be would take steps to prepare for the arrival of her baby, I like to, bit by bit, create the feeling of welcome in my home. Of course the welcome extends to friends and neighbours (and family if any were to take upon them the long journey), but also to Jesus Himself. I like to remind my kids that it is not just a big countdown to "the big day", but a conscious journey and time to prepare our homes and hearts for the gift we receive in being celebrants in Jesus' birth.

I have been enjoying The Barenaked Ladies Holiday CD, which features both Christmas songs and Hannukah songs so I also want to wish any readers a happy Hannukah as they celebrate a light filled journey as well.

No comments: