"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Monday, December 11, 2006

More Chronicles of a sashay into Christmas.



Adding a little sparkle to the mantle makes me feel like there is some Christmas spirit in the house. A mantle is such a welcoming part of any home, so why not let it be a focal point for Christmas decorating.

As I may have mentioned, decorating is going to be pared down this year and that is always a sad prospect. The mantle cheered me up with those shimmery stars and the red beaded garland. I often have the lights plugged in throughout the day. The candles are a little tricky to light as the top of some of those candleholders are 7 feet off the ground. I usually have a lovely garland running down my bannister, but it and my majestic deer-candlabra are staying boxed up.

I am supposed to be addressing Christmas cards now. They need to be mailed tomorrow. I guess I got distracted. I always have a huge sigh of relief when those cards are on their way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you about those darn Christmas cards...

Anonymous said...

Just FYI, I have changed my blog from msn spaces to wordpress, the new address is www.christinamolin.wordpress.com. It is a lot more friendly. I saw that you still have my old page linked.

Kelly said...

Thanks for the info Christina, I'll update my link....we don't want to miss any of your adventures!