"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Monday, April 30, 2007

The Thinking Blogger Award




Christina at Prince Vince Meets the World has nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award. I am really shocked! Apparently it was a while back, I just took a break from all the rigours of having your house on the market while your husband is relocated thousands of miles away, and checked in to see how she was doing. I was flattered that humble ol' me was included on her list of thinking bloggers. I'm glad it at least looks like I'm thinking because I don't know what the heck I'm doing half the time. Christina is a wonderful mommy to Vincent, who is cuter than a pair of wee toddler shoes, and hey, co-incidentally, she is opening a children's shoe store in Austria. If there is one thing the world needs, it's more European kids shoes! Thanks to Christina for a little delight, I really needed it right now.

Now for the business end of things. I am to name 5 blogs that I feel are "thinkers" blogs.

Barbara Curtis' Mommylife is a blog I read everyday. She has 12 kids, 4 have DS (3 through adoption). I figure she has things pretty well figured out and of course visit for information, advice and inspiration. I know she has already been nominated, but she is one of my top 5 so what can you do?

I also enjoy Clare's Three Beautiful Things because every single day she finds 3 things to be thankful for. I am in awe of her ability to see past all the things we take for granted and find such beauty. She shares a profound yet simple message about the richness of life.

Jen, at I Never Thought has a beautiful way of expressing herself. Her experiences are a somewhat familiar story to me, yet Jen can find a way to tell her story that is captivating and new.

I have to also note Jen at Pinwheels even though she has been nominated numerous times. There is always a good read for me there, whenever I get the chance to pop in. Jen is a prolific writer and is a worthy stop for anyone who wants to make the most of their blog reading time.

Finally, I have to recognize Laura at Organizing Junkie because after I stumbled upon her site I became a much more organized and healthy cook. I was winging it every night and now things run much more smoothly here at dinner time. That is a huge development that has made a big difference to a lot of people here.

I am certain that all of my picks have been previously honoured, but just in case here are the steps for them to follow:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote

No comments: