"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy Canada Day!

We are here, back in Canada and enjoying a generally chilly start to the summer. Our stuff may or may not be in a storage facility in our new city . As the big truck pulled away crammed neatly with our belongings we headed in the opposite direction for some well deserved holidays. This is my first time in front of a computer and I have been trying to catch up on things.

Will is doing well at the cottage. There are four gates installed that everyone must navigate to get into or out of the cottage. We still use lots of vigilance though, you can never be too careful.
While Will naps I have been working on a stone walkway with the large flat stones I discovered when planting some hostas along the side of the cottage. They are now relocated in a row, lined up a small hill to the door. There is still a lot of work to be done around the cottage, as it had been neglected for a few years. We will slowly work away on little gardens and improving the rocky shoreline that belies a welcoming sandy bottom. As long as it stays too cool to enjoy boating or swimming we can work away at other projects. I guess global warming is heating up another location, but here we are cold in our hooded sweatshirts and jeans. I didn't pack too much else because I figured it would be a typically warm summer and that global warming would add a couple of degrees. Not the case.

That's us for now, I will post again when I get a chance to check in. Oh, and happy Canada Day.

3 comments:

Yankee said...

Happy Canada Day. It sounds like you are having a great holiday. I'm glad. Be careful with those stones. They can be back breakers.

Christina M said...

Hope you are enjoying the holidays, I awarded you with something:

http://christinamolin.wordpress.com/2007/07/04/rockin-girl-blogger-award/

Sara said...

Where did you move too ? I saw you had a timmy s :p LOVE my timmys