"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Free Fun!


Here is Will with his new collection of shakers. With little to no effort I did these up and Will loves them! I went to the Target photo counter and asked if they had any old 35mm plastic containers. They asked how many I wanted and I made a face that suggested that asking for 10 may seem way out of line and they'd be doing me a huge favor. The girl opened a drawer and I saw hundreds of the containers! They gave me the 10 for absolutely free! All I had to do was use my imagination to fill them. We have salt and rocks, coins, rice, peppercorns, a jingle bell, popcorn kernels, nails, sunflower seeds and buttons in ours.


Will shakes them and will notice if they sound soft or loud. I'm going to work on jingly, clunky, heavy and light when we play with them.


Notice Will's haircut. He just had it after school today. He fit in with the older gentlemen getting their hair cut at Great Clips. He brought in his helicopter, but handed it off to me for the haircut because he likes the drape to be smooth and cover his feet. Then if he spots any errant hair sitting on the drape he gives the drape a little poke, so the hair will slide off and the drape will return to it's smooth appearance.

3 comments:

Jeffrey Goble said...

That's the BEST Fun!
Sounds like Will's got a future in Quality Control.

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Delphine is a big fan of shakers too! How great that you got those for free :)

Love his haircut!

Anonymous said...

GREAT idea! I will have to borrow it!