"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Monday, October 20, 2008

Just like you were there.

Today I let Will and Olivia play hooky and we drove up to Loveland for a Sarah Palin rally. We waited in the cold wind for over an hour. We were so lucky after finding seats up from stage left, when someone from the staff let us sit down in the VIP seating area, bringing us that much closer to the stage. I just had my little camera, which has limited telephoto ability. Here are a few pictures:




As a special surprise, Hank Williams Jr. was there to sing the anthem and his new version of "Family Tradition". Mark used to sing Family Tradition back in his country music band days. Sarah arrived with Todd, Willow and Piper.


After the speech, which included her pledge to families of kids with special needs, the Palins headed to the rope line to sign autographs.








Can you see Sarah signing there? See the person holding the calender in the foreground?...that's Olivia waiting to get an autograph on our 2009 Downright Beautiful calender. And she did get it signed! In the meantime, Will and I caught the attention of Todd Palin, who pointed to us and waved and then waited until I could direct Will's attention to him so he could wave at Will too. The Palin's are such an authentic, approachable family, so humble and down-to-earth. Everyone who meets them seems to have the same warm opinion of them. Imagine having a family like that in Washington. It was such a great opportunity to see them in real life


After the cold wait and then holding Will for a lot of the rally, I am capital T tired.


But I still have to fix dinner for the gang here asap, but wanted to post this first :) .....Thank goodness for spaghetti sauce in the freezer ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We saw Sarah today and she made NO comment about special needs children. I love that her husband had eye to eye contact with you and Will. They do seem to be such a warm family.
She is an amazing woman. We were sure to buy some of the pins being sold. My favorite is a pink button that says "Drill baby Drill". Of course there were the protesters. I only wish Obama could have been standing next to the girl holding a sign that said "Who's Nailin Palin". Or next to the girl holding the sign that said "Abortion is my choice".

Today I took my daughter to a rally and taught her a bit about what it means to be patriotic. It was a good day. God bless America!!!
L