During our vacation we discovered Mark was about to be transferred once again, back in the direction from whence we came. Mark will now work from an office in Detroit, but we made the family decision to move the family back to Uxbridge, Ontario, a full 5 hours from Mark. This was a decision we did not take lightly and thought long and hard about what this type of set-up would mean. While we are very happy and supportive of Mark pursuing his career, we also had to think of the kids and how getting transplanted every two to four years affects them. Mitchell is starting high school this year and if we think back to our own high school years we quickly remember the maze that was our social life. Also, many people like to think that a good school and support set up is all a child with DS needs. In fact, it's growing up as an accepted member of society that will probably mean more than anything else. I think that Will would do best growing up in a small community where everyone knows him and accepts him for the unique person he is. The thought of plopping Will the third of fourth grader into a new town, school, classroom makes me sick to my stomach. Both Mark and I would much rather Will have the understanding and acceptance of friends who have known him from the get-go. So, here we are, heading back to Uxbridge where only an hour away is many family members. In town, there are many family friends and a lovely community we are all familiar with.
So I am in the midst of organizational chaos, many phone calls to make, appointments to attend and plans to organize.
I'll leave you with some eye candy and a promise for some summer stories.
Here we are just after my nephew, Owen's, baptism.
6 comments:
Good luck with the move. I think you are moving pretty close to my neck of the woods. Right now I am located in Kitchener, Ont.
We maybe able to connect at some point:)
Gosh, you all look so grown up!
;^)
I know what it means to move away, as well as move back. Neither one is as easy, really. I hope it goes smoothly.
Wow, a lot of changes coming. I pray your move goes well and you get all the things done that you need to. I feel the same way you do about Noah growing up with the same kids all through school. It just makes sense. Good luck! Hope to hear more soon.
What a beautiful family picture. May I say the momma looks like a "hottie"!!!!! Who says "hottie" at our age? Looking good Kelly.
I cannot believe how darling and big boy Will is...He is such a handsome young man...all the children look great. Can't wait until you get sellted and come to visit Hudson. Love and miss you all.
L
Hey there! Great to see how tall that young feller is getting, and handsome as all heck. Haven't by in the longest time, as we've had an interesting year to say the least, but we're all well, Jacob is showing us the way to go and life is good despite the unpredictable weather it brings.
I couldn't agree more with your sentiment here, and while it brings a lot more worry and nail biting than you write about, I think you are absolutely correct in how you're looking at it. Tough on the parents, but wonderfully stabilising for the kids, esp Will. Good luck with all the planning and the upheaval, and a big hello from Ireland.
What a beautiful family! Kisses to the big, handsome Will.
From the Philippines,
Cheche Chavez
Post a Comment