"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The hockey fans that we are.

It's been a busy few days, having trekked up to Canada to visit family and take care of a little business. At the home of some good friends we sat around the television watching the Edmonton Oilers play their first game against Carolina in the playoff series. Will was excited to see the game on the TV and sat for the longest time watching. During one of the intermissions a few of the Oilers alumni remembered their Stanley Cup days and then one of them commented on how Joey Moss was "the glue that held the team together". I remember Joey Moss from his TV appearances in the 80's. He was an employee of the Oilers and would often appear with Wayne Gretzky on TV ads. I do think the whole team were, in fact, fans of Joey.

It's nice to hear about Joey Moss again, especially considering all the achievements he has made. What a big difference he has made in the lives of so many. I read an article about Joey and his growing excitement over this years team, an excitement shared by every other self respecting Canadian. It seems that Joey is as an important part of the team as any of the guys on the ice. I think the guys on the ice know it too.

I have come across another, older article about Joey Moss. There, of course, are many articles out there about Mr. Moss, but this one demonstrates what a difference he has made to so many people. It is certainly inspiring to me as I wonder what the future holds for Will.

No comments: