"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Friday, March 21, 2008

I could hear the singing

This morning I was busy straightening rooms and doing regular morning stuff. I could hear Will singing and carried on with bed making and picking up legos. I guess subconsciously I felt that if I could hear Will singing everything must be OK.
After finishing a couple of jobs I stood in the hall, listening to the singing, but realizing I could not place exactly where it was coming from.

"Will?"
"Ya"
"Will where are you?"
"He he he"
(Should I love the fact that he knows he's pulling one over on me?)

As I started the search for him he returned to his happy singing. That was good, I could follow the singing. Sometimes he knows to stay quiet and listen to my voice raise to a nervous whiny pleading and then to a angry demanding yell. He thinks that is a hilarious game.

The singing seemed far away, yet it was clear enough to be close by. As I passed my laundry room I heard a tell tale giggle. I stepped into my darkened laundry room and peeked under the counter. No Will. As I turned away from the dark corner my eye caught a familiar glimpse of a smiling Will sitting in the dryer, door ajar and interior light on. He sat amongst the family whites. The image of him sitting in the small lighted area in the dark room was somewhat theatrical. I ran to get my camera, during which time he happily resumed his singing.

This was the effect with the lighting. Only one setting on my camera picked up the dryer light. I had to take another picture, because tongue-in Will.


The other settings looked like this.





After I pushed the little button that turns off the light I demonstrated how scary it could be in there and he thought it wasn't such a fun place anymore. I don't think he'll go back in.

3 comments:

tekeal said...

makes me want to be a kid again... i love the light and other-planet-like feeling of the 1st pic.a true rascal!

thx for WDSD hello @ livia-the-great...

The Bryant Family said...

How great--what awesome pictures. I cannot wait til tucker is being onery. I am sure I will eat those words.

Anonymous said...

He's a comfy kind of guy, isn't he. I love the feel of fresh, warm laundry too...Although, these days, I'm too big to sit in my dryer. :)

Kelly, he is so darn sweet!!!