"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Friday, February 23, 2007

Arse-arse

The last couple of days Will has been saying "arse-arse" over and over while making a sign that resembles someone with a sticky thumb and middle finger sticking and unsticking repeatedly. He would stand at the cupboard and softly say "arse-arse" and I would pull out cookies and say cookies? and he'd say arse-arse. Cracker? Arse-arse.I had no idea what he was saying until last night after supper we, as a family decided to solve the mystery. I started pulling everything, one by one, out of the cupboard. Finally, I pulled out the package of Rice Krispie treats and he said "Arse-arse!". I guess one of the kids gave him a sample. I saw them as posing a problem with their sticky, hard-to-navigate-orally, texture. I guess "arse" is his word approximation for rice. And after the discovery, his sign made sense too.

I now recall him standing in front of the cupboard making his request over and over and I was pulling everything out but that darned blue box he wanted so badly.

In the meantime we have been practicing "crispy", although arse-arse is way more fun!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

oh how funny! at least he finally got you to understand what he was asking for!

Michelle said...

oh how funny! at least he finally got you to understand what he was asking for!