"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day


This is not a typical Valentines Day picture, but one that demonstrates love as the opportunity we all have to give in ways we would never expect. I couldn't think of anything more pure or heartfelt to remind each of us that even when we don't think we are called to love one another, love itself shows us differently.


Here, a soldier in Iraq is the only person who can calm a little girl who's entire family had been executed by insurgents. She, too, had been shot and was treated at a U.S. military hospital. The soldier, Chief Master Sgt. Gebhardt, had been sleeping in the chair with the little girl each night so she could feel less afraid and bewildered.


I hope you all had the opportunity to feel a loving embrace today.



P.S. Click on the picure to enlarge it. It may take a couple of clicks to get the bottom print readable. I'm just proud that I figured out how to get the picture posted here!


1 comment:

Jeffrey Goble said...

I can think of no finer example of St. Valentine's designs. Wonderful!