"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Thursday, March 15, 2007

Big boy



Of late, Will has expressed to us his disfavour with the old high chair. He has even refused to get in it for his favorite cookies. I think that he sits like a distinguished little gentleman at a table during lunch at school. He has also become adept at scoffing items from the pantry and situating himself at the kitchen table to have an impromptu snack. I am personally sick of the highchair and found it to get in the way a lot lately. It didn't take much convincing from Will to get me onboard with some sort of change. After browsing around online I found a way to get Will up to the table with the rest of us. Tonight was his first night at the table with us. He did a great job! He was very neat and piled his spoon and cup neatly in his dish when he was done.

This is a Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair. We got red because isn't red way more fun than a brown wood tone? I bought it at Baby Universe through my iGive account and the NDSS got $19.20 out of the deal. If you like online shopping you should sign up at iGive and direct a portion of your shopping dollars to your favorite charity (like the National Down Syndrome Society). It costs you nothing extra and others benefit from your shopping therapy! Win-win all around!

Anyway, we are all excited with the new big-boy Will. He was excited to be at the kitchen table with us too.

I've added an iGive button down in the sidebar as well!

3 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

He looks so grown up in his new chair!!!

Michelle said...

He certainly does look like a big boy! Thanks for the tip on the igive site - I'm going over there right now!

Jeffrey Goble said...

I think the look on his face says it all - "I've arrived, this chair suits me just fine, may I please have my cappuccino?"