"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Wednesday, March 21, 2007

World Down Syndrome Day!

Click here to go to the official World Down Syndrome Day web site!

Today is the day that everyone should take a moment to really think about misperceptions they have carried with them for too long. Today is a day of learning and understanding as we appreciate what people with DS bring to our lives and our society.


Here is Will snuggled under a quilt I am working on. It's an "I Spy" type quilt made with the DS awareness colours. He is doing one of his favorite things...looking through a book. Too bad he has a cold!

6 comments:

jennifergg said...

Will is wonderful. Happy WDSD!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I LOVE the quilt that you are working on and Will is the cutest model ever! Happy WDSD!

Christina M said...

Great pics and quilt!
Happy WDSD. I think we all do a great thing to spread the awareness and I am just excited that this is a day taht is recognized world wide so we all can give our input on that little extra chromosome.

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to wish you a happy World Down Syndrome Day.

3:21

Michelle said...

Happy WDSD! I love that quilt - what pretty colors!

Amy said...

Will is so cute! Happy WDSD!