
It took me a minute to figure out what this was, then I understood what Will was saying. "Uh-oh, Mom....crayon". Yes, this was Will's yellow crayon only moments earlier. I think a lot went into the dog. I'm going to leave that poop at the sidewalk, for visual interest. Mixed in with the yellow crayon is what used to be part of our coffee table. How many home furnishings will pass thorough the dog?


Luckily I caught Toby gnawing on Will's booster chair before actual pieces were missing from it. Will takes the assault on his possessions very personally and will reprimand the dog firmly "No Toby!" I guess he had retribution in mind when I caught him here. I think he is choking the dogs chew toy here.

When Will collects and reorganizes his crayons I'm sure he will head back to his favorite new spot. Gosh, there's that yellow crayon in it's all togetherness. Goodbye lil' buddy...what a way to go.
Will is digging the easel. I was supposed to get him hooked up with one before we moved, but I never got around to getting one. I didn't know that the drawing on a vertical surface would strengthen all the arm and back muscles to result in better fine motor skills. I thought is was just a basic piece of preschool furnishing. How sneaky am I to make this not about the fun? Here, Will is into the details for sure. A few broad sweeps and then it's down to work making many small scribbles in and around the longer lines. Will isn't picky about the fact that the paper isn't pulled back completely on the crayon. Maybe he now just feels lucky to have a crayon at all.
Here are a few paint blotters I thought would be fun (and therapeutic ;) but they turned out to be nasty, leaky things that made a mess everywhere. I would suggest getting bona fide Bingo dobbers for this kind of thing. Bingo ladies would kick some one's arse if the dobbers were leaky, so you know they will perform with high standards.

Here is Will stylin' in some newly acquired sleepwear, maybe it's more lounge wear actually. His Nana hooked him up with this cool fleece hockey robe. He's fresh out of the tub and clean as a whistle here. Clean and pyjamad kids are the ultimate persons to love on and snuggle with aren't they? That's what we did right after the picture was taken. Snuggled and watched our Sunday night Little House on the Prairie.

2 comments:
Looks like Wil is livin large!
Great pics to go with the great narrative.
What a wonderful update! Will sounds like he is doing really well, and by the sweet look of him, he is! Love the easel -- I didn't know about the benefits, though. So thank you. Santa gave Gabe an easel this year, too.
I had to laugh over your paint dabbers comment. You're right. There have been diehard bingobroads in my family, and if those dabbers leaked, there would be trouble! LOL!
Anyway, I really enjoyed your post today! Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment