"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Saturday, May 10, 2008

I've been tagged!

Kim at Life-Not Just A Cereal Anymore thinks I need to reveal a little bit more about myself and has tagged me for a meme.

I can't guarantee that it will be an exciting read to anyone, but here it is:

What was I doing 10 years ago:

I was living in Ontario being mommy to an almost 3 year old and a 1.5 year old. We were making plans for our 2nd relocation to another town in Ontario by interviewing a few real estate agents. It wasn't too long after (maybe a couple of weeks) that I was newly pregnant again and undergoing an umbilical hernia repair with local freezing only after attempting a front flip off a diving board and going to emergency that evening to find that my athletic abilities had resulted in my abdominal wall giving up the ghost and allowing a chick-pea sized opening to occur. In the emergency they also told me I was expecting again. In our newly listed home I was 1 day post op and wearing a dressy waist-less skirt to accommodate the surgical dressings and we were given the boot from our home to show it to perspective buyers. As Mark drove around with me and the two kids I started feeling very, very ill. To the point where I wanted to return to an emergency department. Mark dropped me off at the emerg. and proceeded to a friend's house to drop the kids off. They doctor suspected I had some sort of flu and that I was very dehydrated. As I lay on a gurney getting IV fluids, Mark finally at my side, a voice came over the loud speaker:

"Is Mark in there?"
"Yes, I'm here"
"Could you come to the nurses station?"

Mark was an odd white colour when he returned. Our friend was on his way to the emerg. with Olivia, who had fallen on their slide and cut her noggin deep enough for stitches.

When Olivia arrived they called for Mark to comfort her during the stitches. He thought that I would be the better bet (sometimes tough dad's can get woozy at the sight of blood and opened wounds). Me, the girl who couldn't yet walk upright from the surgery, sick and dizzy from the flu, still attached to the IV pole, scuffled down the hall to be with poor Olivia during the stitch-up.

When we finally got home, we realized that another couple were on the way to look at the house. When they toured the house they got to look at a backyard being played in by dad and two kids, one with a sizable bandage on her head, and a mom, laid out on the plastic patio lounger. I'm sure I appeared a little too battleworn for their comfort. I didn't care.


5 thinks on my "To Do" list today:
1. Laundry-this is affixed to the number 1 spot permanently. Nothing ever happens to change that.
2. Buy groceries for post soccer game bar-b-que. I'm a side dish lady. Still don't know what I'm getting.
3. Make sure that all 6 members of our family take their antibiotics for the strep throat we all have (between dentists, orthodontists and doctors, I've made 9 trips to medical offices this week.)
4. Start to assemble the cute climber we got for Will for his upcoming birthday. It's all plastic and not too high and has lots of fun little things to do on it. Will is going to love it!
5. My mother's day present is to get some flowers for the urns on our front step. Still not sure what I want to plant though.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. I honestly would donate the bulk of it. I think that sometimes money ultimately makes people unhappy. I would make sure my family and my extended family were all nicely comfortable.

Bad Habits:
1. Sometimes I'm not an "active" listener.
2. I'm a procrastinator.
3. I think I spend too much time on the computer.

5 places I have lived:
1. Scarborough, Ont. (Born and raised)
2. Many points within Ontario for school and due to relocations that include:
3. Bobcaygeon, London, Aurora, Waterdown and Uxbridge
4. Hudson, Ohio
5. Somewhere in Colorado. I'm all freaky about revealing our exact location on the internet.

5 jobs that I have had:
1. MOM
2. Veterinary assistant
3. Newspaper ad sales
4. Various retail (bleh)
5. Communications Dept. Scarborough General Hospital (favorite)

4 people I want to know more about:
1.Christina at Prince Vince
2.Yankee at The Right to Live a Joyful Life
3.Tekeal at Livia-the-Great
4.Amy at Life According to Emma and Joe

Will just came up to me and announced he had a :
"bow-ot"
"a what?"
"bow awt"
"a what?"
Pointing to back of diaper:"a bow out"
"a blow out?"
"ya...a bow out"

2 comments:

tekeal said...

thanks for the tag... gotta find some time to do it soon :-)

The Bryant Family said...

hee hee hee, i am still laughing at Will and his blow out....ha ha ha ha ha. Nice to learn something about you.