"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Monday, May 05, 2008

Yes, we are still here.

Today was the pinnacle of what was a collection of generally busy days. Today started out with a trip to get my new crown. I know, your thinking the diamond and ruby encrusted golden halo, with ermine lining, buts it was actually the dental variety of crown. I was very hesitant about this procedure. Thoughts of a poor exposed nub of a tooth just about does me in. I mean, the crown, which is essentially a nub cover, could pop at any time and just how sensitive is a tooth that is basically only a nerve now? I'm thinking trauma. Anyway, the temporary, held on with the not-so-sticky temporary cement is all that lies between busy mom and Tramautic Stress Disorder.

While my bottom lip was still well endowed with freezing I took Mitchell to the doctor to see what was up with this sore throat. Strep is what was up with the sore throat. When I reviewed Jack's ailments with the doctor she suggested he come in too. Yes, strep. Please note that after each journey to the office was followed by a trip to the Target pharmacy. When Olivia came home with a sore throat and a sore stomach (did you know that a sore stomach was a strep symptom? I did not), I took her in to see the doc. The staff there had a few chuckles at the strep parade I was providing for them. Olivia did not test positive, but her throat looked the same as the boys, so she gets the dose of antis too. For the next 10 days the antibiotics will be flowing freely.

So, after all the tales of woe, here's a little happiness:

Will is in goal and looking ferocious, well, it appears that there's not so much ferocity under the mask.

1 comment:

Monica said...

I always knew when my oldest son had strep, it was the only time he ever threw up (gross I know) although he is the only person I ever heard of that has that symptom. Glad to hear you didn't get it though, I think a crown is bad enough!!!! :)