"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Monday, May 19, 2008

Naughty boy



Here is Will in his bike trailer. Dad and Mom and Will went out for a nice bike ride on some trails Sunday morning. Will had a running commentary that sounded like he was a tour guide pointing out birds, water, cars, motorcycles and when I told him to look at the purple flowers that were growing wild at the side of the trail he enjoyed saying "purple flowers" for a little while.

When we stopped for a water break we noticed Will had removed his shoes and socks. I guess between announcements Will got a little bored. I stowed the footwear in the little mini "trunk" behind his trailer seat and soon we were on our way again. As we got a little closer to home, Mark rode behind me and shouted that he had found one of Will's socks on the trail. I stopped and looked for any openings that they could have fallen out, but couldn't see anything. After sticking the sock back in the trailer we continued until I could hear Mark yelling something about a shoe falling out. I stopped and had another look at all the contents of the "trunk". Everything seemed to be accounted for and there were no holes in the bottom of the trunk. I felt around with my hand and discovered that Will could reach around to the back through a small opening between his seat and the trailer wall. The mystery of how the stuff was getting liberated from the trailer was not yet solved though. He was sealed in there like a ziploc nylon baggie. Now I took a thorough inventory of what was still in the back because we had started out with a camera and cell phone and...a juice cup. Where was the juice cup? I opened the front flap and the cup fell on my foot. Will had been leaving a breadcrumb trail with his footwear and sippy cup using the small amount of give at the bottom of the front flap as an exit hatch.

Naughty boy. Smart alec-y four-year-old.

1 comment:

The Bryant Family said...

hee hee hee.....our kids are kids and get into things and do onery things.... :)