
Sorry, but looking at the terrible cover of US magazine featuring a picture of Sarah Palin and her newborn Trig, smeared with hate. I just feel so sad, sick to my stomach actually.
For some reason the media feels that Obama's merit's aren't enough to get him elected. This is how they feel they need to help him out.
Is this what you want to vote for?
10 comments:
It is sickening. It is such a nice photo but the words ruin the whole thing for me.
I agree with you Kelly. It is horrible, sad and sick...
This has nothing to do with Obama.
Us magazine is all about gossip and sensational stories. Not the place to go if you are looking for real political insight.
You want to blame someone for the way this is playing out in the media, blame Sarah Palin and John McCain.
They could have controlled this story from the beginning. They could have been honest, but instead they chose to keep quiet. The sin of omission.
If Palin was just respecting her daughter's privacy than she should have kept her daughter private instead of parading her in front the media.
If Palin is proud of the way her daughter is handling her situation, why didn't she say so from the start.
I just saw a photo of Bristol and her boyfriend (whose My Space page indicated he didn't want kids) getting off the plane in Minnesota. Just adding fuel to the media fire.
I do feel for Bristol Palin, I can't help but feel decisions are being made about her life based on how it will effect her mother's political campaign rather than what is best for her.
Can't wait to hear Palin speak tonight; hopefully, she will put an end to all of this once and for all.
Chris,
I'm not going to argue points you made. You blamed Palin for this and I'll let that stand just as it is.
I wouldn't go to US for political insight (or anything else for that matter). I saw the word "scandal" printed across Trig's body as superceding politics, you see it as you get what you ask for.
I can't imagine when Sarah Palin asked for this, but somewhere you have seen that she did. I have not seen Palin's daughter take a step out of her front door since the announcement, but you have seen her "paraded around".
I usually expect a man to say "she asked for it" after an assault. I see now that women are empowered to do that too.
Excuse me, why did she have to be "upfront" about? The mdia accused her that her baby wasn't hers. That was the start of it. The media brought Pallin's daughter in.
She had to be upfront about her daughter's pregnancy?? Why? What in the world does that have to do with her becoming possibly VP?
But I don't think this is Obama's fault. The press is usually leftist, so they dug till they found something to attack.
Kelly, I thought I left you another comment. I'm sending it again, just in case you didn't get it.
I just wanted you to know that I when I view your blog the Us magazine photo is cut off. The word "scandal" did not even appear. In fact, I could barely read the copy on the magazine. I didn't need read it to know that it was sensationalizing the story, that it was crossing the line.
I don't want you to think I in any way think Palin or her children deserved that type of mean, personal, attack. The accusations that were being made that Trig wasn't her child were disgusting. Us magazine thrives on gossip.
Did Bristol's pregnancy deserve to be addressed in the news media, in a respectable fashion? I still say yes, for the simple reason that the Republican Party was using Palin's family, her "mom" status, and her conservative values to strengthen McCain's ties with the Republican base.
I think they owed it to the public to be honest about the picture they were painting.
The truth is out now. The media frenzy is over. Palin is stronger than ever. What's that about the "truth shall set you free."
Now the media, all of it, needs to leave Bristol Palin alone!
Chris is exactly right. This has nothing to do with Obama. But if you really feel this way, then how can you vote for McCain when the Family Research Council, a conservative, religious, pro-McCain organization sold these at their convention this week:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/pspauld/BlogPix/1waffle091408.jpg
And I should add that the media did not make the claim that the baby was not Governor Palin's. That was made by one person on a blog.
Tom,
Before I clicked over to your link I was expecting to see something disparaging about Obama's children or some aspect if his private family life. The picture you linked to was the infamous "waffles" box that featured the turbaned picture of Obama.
I certainly will not try to defend the vendor who brought those items to the convention.
The point of my original post was the deplorable dragging of the Palin family, infant and all, into the cesspool of, democratic supporting, tabloid rubbish.
Certainly you can see the difference between taking shots at the candidates, and taking shots at their families.
If "scandal" "sex" and "lies" had been printed across one of the Obama girls I'm certain you would have found that offensive.
"The point of my original post was the deplorable dragging of the Palin family, infant and all, into the cesspool of, democratic supporting, tabloid rubbish."
That statement is utter rubbish. Us magazine is a gossip magazine. It is not a left-leaning or right-leaning magazine. It is the kind of magazine that you find at checkout counters next to the National Enquirer. Is all the right-wing media guilty because one stupid Fox News correspondent accused Michelle Obama of being a terrorist supporter because she and her husband did a fist bump? I suppose since People magazine did a nice story on Palin that it must be pro-McCain. Face it, you are simply looking for reasons to vote against Obama that have nothing to do with reality.
Tom,
I don't know if you realize it, but the owner of US magazine, and Rolling Stone is an avid monetary supporter of Barak Obama. To the point where he is maxed out by contributory laws.
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/search.php?cid=&name=wenner%2C+jann&employ=(any+employer)&state=(all)&zip=(any+zip)&submit=OK&amt=a&sort=A
You can google "Jann Wenner Palin" and see that it is not just I that is crying foul. You will also find US' flaccid excuse for the cover and article.
I'm not even arguing the point that the publication is blatantly left leaning, I was disturbed at the depths it would go to tear down McCain's VP pick. Maybe I'm a little too soft hearted when it comes to newborn infants, but I stand with my opinion that the US cover was obnoxious.
Post a Comment