"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Perspective

Many who are people of faith make a place for their beliefs in their lives that seems comfortable, easy to access in times of joy and hardship. It becomes such a constant in our lives that sometimes we take it for granted. We let it become the wallpaper backdrop to our busy and demanding days.

I'm like that sometimes, only turning to my faith when I hit a bump or when I revel in what just has to be a blessing from God. I do think that even as the backdrop of my life, it gives me courage, comfort and strength almost subconsciously. I don't spend enough time thinking about it to realize it's power in my life .

That's why watching this video produced by Catholicvote.com stirred so much emotion in me. It helped me remember just how important my faith is. How much power it has, both on a personal level and collectively. It reminded me that my faith has been passed down through the history of both the United States and Canada (my grandmother was born in Detroit) and given to me as a gift. A gift I can reopen every day.





Again, I cannot vote in this election, but I can be an avid observer. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, thank you for sharing this excellent post!!!. Love the video :)

Chris said...

Wow, that video was pretty intense!

Monica said...

Thanks for sharing!!