"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Friday, October 19, 2007

BONUS PRIZE!

For all of those entering the "Get Caught Reading Contest", you will now be receiving an extra treat if you are the lucky winner! ~A little extra, for your little extra~




Introducing.... VICTORIA'S DAY. This is a brand new book, published just last month! The publisher and publicist have both offered me a free copy to pass on to our lucky winner!
VICTORIA'S DAY is about, of course, a day with 4 year old Victoria. Here is the publishers own description:

Like any other preschooler, Victoria is engaged by the world around her,excited to play with her friends, sometimes happy, and sometimes not. But unlike her peers she has Down's Syndrome. This thoughtful book follows Victoria on her typical day as she integrates into a mainstream nursery school. Young readers can compare and contrast their own experiences with Victoria’s as she reads a book, paints, bakes biscuits, and plays games. Though she may look a little different, the book shows that Victoria is really not so different after all.


This is a 32 page hardcover book, that I'm sure will be something both your child, and whole family will enjoy reading. Kids love to read about similar interests and routines that they have in their own lives, so a story about a girl going to school and enjoying regular family events will certainly be engaging for all kids.

Many thanks to Francis Lincoln, the publisher, for their generosity!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I was just reading another blogger's recent post, and your timing on this new addition is priceless. I've noticed that many of us have preschool children that write (could only be my perception, though), and I think the book would be a real comfort to us. Thank you so much for posting about it. Of course, I keep my fingers crossed to win a copy, but I also would like to buy a copy, or two. :)

SunflowerStories said...

That book sounds wonderful! I think it is going on our Christmas list! Thanks for the heads up.