"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Nina got caught with little sister Moira!



Here is an older picture of Nina reading to Moira. Don't you just love the finger in the nose? I haven't taken that kind of picture lately. It is a daily thing here, especially with bringing out the Halloween books and Grandma's weekly library tote full of wonderful books. Whenever Nina comes home from school and sees Grandma's car in the driveway she looks for the library books. She and her sisters sit reading the books and perusing the pictures until dinner time. It's funny because I can now see what kind of books Nina chooses. I used to purchase all of the Iza Trapani books. I loved singing my favorite songs from childhood for them. But, last year Nina would bring home the Magic Tree House books. We read quite a lot of those. She also thought the Captain Underpants books looked good. We only read one of those! It is fun to pick a series or an author and try to read all of those. My favorite is Mercy Watson by Kate Dicamillo. My kids now like to ask for "hot buttered toast"! However, this school year, on Tuesdays (Nina's school library day), she frequently brings home her favorite series....some football player from some NFL team or some Major League Baseball player (not from our teams). It is neat to see their preferences surface!

Hello Nina! You are getting so big! Thank you Ellen for your insightful words. Parents of little kids like to see kids who are actually reading. I think it's great that Nina prefers keeping up with NFL or MLB players, how inspiring! Way to go Grandma, with the popular book bag, what an awesome idea! Talk about spending quality time with the grandkids!





No comments: