"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Monday, October 29, 2007

Raphael got caught!


Hello, this is my son Raphael from the Philippines. He's 10 months old and that is his favorite book, Happy Baby.

I love when little babies and children get books to play with. The fact that they learn that simply turning a page leads to new surpises. Not many toys can compete with that kind of visual stimulation.

I have to ask, is Raphael in a biligual situation? Is he exposed to both english and Philippino? I had read early on that other languages are stimulating to young children with DS. One girl I know with DS understands some french even though she is english speaking. I found that out when I was discussing the fact that we were going to be transferred to Paris (instead of here) and I had had some serious reservations about what services would be like for Will.

By the way, you sure have a cutie there!

P.S. I apologize to those sending me high resolution pictures. When I resize them to be Blogger friendly they end up with some distortion. I'm sure there is a way around it, but after spending more than a little time trying to find it, I still haven't come acrooss it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello there! thanks for posting. i'm sooo proud of my son. :-) we talk to him mostly in english as most children's songs and books are prepared in english. but we also talk to him in filipino. it's a beautiful language that raphael should definitely learn!! love your blogsite. my kisses to will.
- cheche -