
I guess when you have ordered a number of books on the topic of DS from Amazon you get a heads up about forthcoming books that further discuss DS. It looks like this book will look at Down Syndrome from a little different perspective. I think all the books I have seen have been educational or "life experiences" in nature. There are also a number of fiction titles that include a character with DS. This is the first book I have seen that looks at DS from a heavenly perspective. The editorial reviews mention DS only within the context of "disability", so this may be a broader topic than specifically DS. I'm imagining that the outcry of late in regards to prenatal testing and DS have played some part in the writing of this book. For those of you who would like to further investigate the role DS plays in humanity from a theological perspective, this might be a good start. I'd like to hear from anyone who does read this book. I am currently committed to advocacy and IEP subjects right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment