"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." Chesterton






Saturday, October 13, 2007

Gabriel got caught!





































My name is Lianna and I blog about my son, Gabriel, at http://www.mylifewithgabriel.blogspot.com/. I found your blog through Prince Vince's blog.
I'm in Canada, and I won't be able to participate in your contest, but I would still like to pass along three of my favorite photos of Gabriel reading as well as our "reading story". I loved your post about your passion for your book store and for reading.

My husband, Terry and I have been reading to Gabriel since he was newly born. Now, at two and a half years old, my son will pass up playing with toys for reading. We have a big library for him to choose from, with favorite authors such as Sandra Boynton, Eric Carle, Dr. Seuss, Peggy Rathmann, just to name a few. It is common for Gabe to sign "read book please" and we cuddle on the nearest chair, or sofa, or bed, or just lie on the carpet and just read together. Gabe's favorite thing right now is to lie on his stomach, book prompted straight up on it's bottom, and have us read the story to him. I can't tell you how cute he looks!

And Gabe loves going to the library. It's a real treat for me too as I am finally relaxing as "mom", and resuming my appreciation for Canadian women authors. I just signed out "Swann" by Carol Shields and I can't wait to curl up and be immersed.

Anyway, I could go on and on about our love of reading, but I think you get the picture. Your contest is a wonderful, inspiring idea and I can't wait to see the pictures!

Best regards,
Lianna

How cute is this guy? Thanks Gabe, for launching this give-away. I liked your big pile of books on the kitchen table! How did the Vygotski work for you? We can discuss it over coffee one day. :)



Here's the deal, for those of you outside the U.S., I will pick up your selections with the gift certificate and send them too you! For those of you in Canada, that is a great deal...ever notice the significant price discrepancy between the Canadian and U.S. prices for books?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelly! What a delightful surprise to see Gabe and his books on your blog! Thank you! And, you're too generous for us Canuks trying to win your contest! Just connecting with other moms and children is rewarding in itself.

Lianna (beaming with pride!)

Kelly said...

Hey, I'm a Canuck too! Maybe you already knew that though....